The levee has broken, people; it's officially the Worst Olympics Ever. The coverage is bad, the tape-delay is not going over well, children are crying, everyone hates NBC; even polar bears are taking heat. There's more rain than snow, tickets are getting cancelled, and you can't even support the troops or honor your dead friends anymore. The Norwegians are showing up in clown pants using psychological clown warfare and the U.S. curling teams went 0 for 3 today. Also in curling, the Canadians are winning with a pregnant woman; I don't know what to make of that. Does the baby count as a team member? Are her altered hormones even legal? But seriously, what is with these crazy getups? I kind of feel like I've been watching an SNL skit
that is a lot more miss than hit (is that redundant?). Do ice skating announcers grunt and gasp more than any other announcers?
- Everyone Agrees: NBC's Olympic Coverage Sucks - Winter Olympics - Deadspin
I was only half-serious when I lamented how the lame non-live coverage by NBC was ruining Winter Olympics. (I'm in curling heaven now!) But apparently there are others out there boiling over with tape-delayed rage.
- NBC Olympics Coverage, Making Sports Fans Hate The Network More Than Ever - SB Nation
What, you ask, do you have to do to turn the ire of the sports fan away from perennial flogged horse corpse of ESPN? The answer is "Be NBC," the network whose bizarre programming decisions surrounding the winter games have momentarily surpassed the Worldwide Leader's daily foibles for the Most Hated Nation status among those who, shockingly, would like to watch a single Olympics event live and unmolested by Dreamworks promos or non-sequitur segments on polar bears.
- NBC's Infuriating Olympics Tape Delays Have Sports Fans From Coast To Coast Rooting For Its Quick Demise
The death of network television can't come one minute too soon.
- Officials fire back at international media criticism of Games
Journalists around the world have been revelling in the Games' many problems in the opening days. Now, Olympics officials are pushing back.
- Fashion Police: Uniform-ly a mess - Universal Sports
A look at some of the worst uniforms athletes have donned during the Vancouver Winter Olympics.
- Canadian curler is five months pregnant - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Comprehensive Vancouver 2010 Olympics news, scores, standings, fantasy games, rumors, and more
- CBC News - British Columbia - VANOC cancels 20,000 more Cypress tickets
Olympic officials have been forced to cancel an additional 20,000 general admission tickets for six more events at the rain-plagued Cypress Mountain ski and snowboard venue north of Vancouver.
- U.S. netminders told to ditch helmet slogans | Reuters
VANCOUVER (Reuters) - U.S. netminder Jonathan Quick will be ordered to remove the slogan 'Support Our Troops' from his helmet for contravening Olympic rules on political propaganda, the International Ice
- Holy hot pants, Norway - The Vancouver Sun
In an Olympic games filled with all manner of costume and adornment, from the athletes' official and very colourful team uniforms to the bedazzling ice skating costumes, it would be hard to name a standout. Until now.