So NBC really messed up that hockey game, right? Since I'm writing this the day after and you're reading it the morning after that day, all the good jokes have been said about it. That also means if you're sick to death of curling, you've come to the wrong place.
In this edition: The King of Norway has got a new pair of pants, Cheryl Bernard's comment on the fans that made Madeleine Dupont cry, curling is a big hit even though the Americans had a terrible showing, NBC.com sucks, the hockey game was MSNBC's highest ratings ever, Germany's gold-winning cross country skier has a knitting website, Olympians are issued condoms, pole dancing as an Olympic sport, and did Apolo Anton Ohno have a mom?
- Norwegian king getting his own pair of Loudmouth Pants - Vancouver 2010 Olympics - thestar.com
It’s not exactly the Emperor’s new clothes but the King of Norway is getting some fancy pants at the Vancouver Games.
- Canadian curling fans leave Danish player in tears - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports
"I'm guessing 75 percent in there don't know the game that well and they're just there to cheer. You have to give them something for that, but I think we need to have it a little bit quieter for the opposition because it's uncomfortable for them."
- Every four years, a brush with fame - latimes.com
Not that rocks and brooms are leading the nightly broadcast, but curling ranked fourth in page views on nbcolympics.com -- ahead of hockey -- and has delivered the best early-evening numbers that CNBC has seen in eight years.
- United States Curling Association - American men eliminated from playoff contention
For at least five ends the Americans had the mighty Kevin Martin scratching his head, but the end result was Canada's eighth straight win as they defeated the U.S. 7-2 Monday morning.
- NBC.com - NBC Official Site
Search results for "usa vs. canada"
- USA-Canada Hockey Ratings MSNBC - Best Ever | Olympics | Mediaite
We knew the USA-Canada hockey game would deliver big ratings for MSNBC - but it was only a matter of how big. Last night's game average 8.22 million total viewers last night, which made it just slightly the 2nd highest rated program of all time. But it also kind of won.
- Luke Winn at the Winter Olympics – SI.com " Posts Germany’s Golden Knitter
"You should probably be a big fan of the German biathlete who just won gold, Magdalena Neuner. She’s doing TV interviews right now with her rifle still slung over her shoulder, she’s the fastest skier here … and she has her own knitting Web site."
- Cold days, hot nights: Olympic Village secrets - TODAY in Vancouver
When the fastest, strongest, and most physically perfect specimens on Earth all live in the same neighborhood, flirting — and more — comes as naturally as breathing. So Vancouver organizers have laid in a stock of 100,000 condoms: 14 for every resident.
- Pole dancing seeks Olympic inclusion - Olympics, Sport - The Independent
For Japan's Mai Sato, watching all those gold medals being handed out in Vancouver is a bittersweet experience.
- NBC viewers want to know: Where is Apolo Anton Ohno's mom? - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports
NBC loves panning its cameras to the Olympic athletes' families as they watch their loved ones compete. At the Vancouver Games, Apolo Anton Ohno's father, Yuki, has been shown numerous times, cheering on his son. However, Ohno's mother has been notably absent.